Halston review



Hello guys, welcome to a new review! 

I hope you all are safe and healthy <3

And remember to follow us on other social media, like Instagram (we are @rewritethemovies).

But let’s start with today’s review!

I want to talk about a new Netflix series that I loved: Halston.

If you read my other reviews, you probably know that I am in love with Ewan McGregor but I have to say that this was the best performance of him that I have ever seen.

I mean, his role wasn’t an easy one, but he was perfect in every moment, representing wonderfully the moody side of this character.

Honestly, I’m not interested in fashion, so I didn’t know this stylist before this series, but probably it’s also because I’m not American.

Apart from Ewan McGregor that of course, it’s enough to convince someone to watch this series, I enjoyed the development of the story, even if I can’t say if it’s accurate since I didn’t know Halston before the show.

And of course, being this a show about fashion, I loved the costumes and the photography, they didn’t disappoint me.

And this show is emotional, during the last episode I cried, because I felt so bad for what happened (no spoiler though).

One thing that surprised me was that it was a show from Ryan Murphy: I’ve seen plenty of his work and this one seemed “different” somehow, even if I don’t know why. Of course, I mean different in a very positive way, because this series is amazing! Maybe it was just the presence of a big Hollywood actor like Ewan McGregor in a series, since I’m not used to seeing him in this contest but just in movies.

Anyway, I really hope Ewan McGregor will win an Emmy or a Golden globe for this series because he was incredible, he left me speechless.

My ratings are 9,5/10.

What about you? Did you watch it? If you didn’t, I really hope you will watch it and let me know what you think about it with a comment or a message on Instagram!

Stay safe,

MayPhoenix.

Comments

Popular Posts