Wandavision review

 


Hello guys and welcome to a new review!

As always, I hope you’re all safe and healthy and that no one close to you caught the virus.

In this difficult time, a lot of us are blocked at home, so watching a tv series is absolutely the best way to spend time.

And luckily, Marvel decided to give us a great one: Wandavision.

I will try my best to keep this review spoiler-free, but I will warn you if this will changes, don’t worry.

Let’s start by saying that this show is INSANE, really, in the first episode I was like “what the hell is going on?” all the time, and to be honest I found some scenes really creepy.

But also, this show was really catching: it was almost impossible to wait an entire week before being able to see what was going to happen next. It’s perfect for binge-watching.

Another thing that I loved and impressed me was that being this show a tv series in the tv series, they did a lot of references to Wanda’s past with the advertisement: not only it was very clever, but it was also funny to look for the easter-eggs anytime there was an advertisement.

I also found cool the fact that every episode was a tv show from a different timeline (the 50s-60s-70s-80s-90s-2000-2010, if I remember well) and was also inspired by a real tv show from that period.

And the opening that changed every episode for the same reason was also very cool to see.

Talking about more “technical” aspects, I loved the cinematography of this show and the way it was edited. It is obviously unnecessary for me to talk about the visual effects, that were over the top like always.

Let’s talk a little bit about the actors before I give you my opinions about the plot and the so criticized ending.

I love Elizabeth Olsen. Really, she is so beautiful and talented and her performance in this show was something else. I think she had a great improvement compared with when she was in “Avengers: Age of Ultron” or “Captain America: Civil war” and I can’t wait to see her next performance as Wanda.

And Paul Bettany was wonderful as Vision, his confusion was so similar to ours, he really made you feel involved like you were part of what was happening.

I’m not sure if what I’m going to say has to be considered as a spoiler, but just in case SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

The return of Evan Peters as Pietro was a little bit predictable but well accepted. I always preferred him to Aaron Taylor-Johnson for this role, so it was nice to see him being Pietro maybe for the last time.

END OF THE SPOILER.

To describe the plot of this series without spoiling it is really difficult, but I will try my best.

The show is a sit-com inside a tv-series and Wanda and Vision are the two protagonists.

They are in this little town, Westview, and all the inhabitants act in a really weird way. What’s going on? Why is Vision alive? How did they get there? These questions will all be answered in the course of the episodes, with a lot of plot-twists and with the help of some secondary characters that will become important.

In fact, a lot of characters in the previous movies will make their appearance.

Another thing that I loved was the references to the comics: the Halloween costumes, Wanda’s final suit (who made me fall even more in love with Elizabeth Olsen), the twins.

And of course, the main villain, that I won’t spoil you who it is, but is a villain from Fantastic Four’s comics.

And Wanda and Vision aren’t the only two heroes from the comics in the series 😉.

Personally, I really liked the ending, it was really intense and full of plot twists and I feel like the only reason why people are saying that they didn’t like it is because they believed too hardly in fan theories and were disappointed when they discovered none of them was going to happen.

For example, I really hoped to see Reed Richards in the series (just because they named a scientist once) and of course, I was disappointed to see that he wasn’t in the show, but still, I loved the ending and I won’t change it for anything in the world.

Well, that’s all, here are my thoughts about this wonderful marvel series. Honestly, it was the one I was less hyped about, I didn’t expect it to be that good and I am really satisfied to see that I was wrong.

What about you? What did you think about it? Did you watch it?

Let me know with a comment.

Follow us to read other reviews, I will make a review of Loki and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as well.

Love you all, stay safe

MayPhoenix.

Comments

Popular Posts