"Meet Joe Black" review

 

Hi, everyone! How are you all doing?
I hope you are all safe and happy! Thank you for all your support, remember to follow us on Instagram (@rewritethemovies) if you don’t do it already, it would give us a lot of help.
Today I am going to talk about a great movie I watched some days ago for the first time: “Meet Joe Black”.
The movie itself was too long, in my opinion, and for this reason, I found it a little bit heavy and I am sorry about that because it was a great movie with a wonderful plot.
In fact, the plot of this movie was very original and I loved the idea behind it.
To resume it without spoilers: an old, rich man very focused on his career is approached by a strange man who wants to “learn something from his experience”. When this man's identity is revealed, at the beginning of the movie, the old man finds himself obliged to hide the man’s real identity from his family and coworkers and this will almost cost him his job.
There is also a very particular love story in this movie, between the strange guy and one of the daughters of the rich businessman.
The details in this movie are everything because some of them are really funny and are an added value to the movie.
Some scenes are really hilarious, even if I wouldn’t describe this movie as a comedy, but they give you the strength to keep watching it since it’s so long.
I wasn’t a fan of the love story, I found it a little bit awkward, but that’s probably because I usually don’t like love stories. But I have to admit that it was original and it wasn’t that kind of love story that makes you want to stop watching it.
And by the way, I cried a little in the end, but probably it was because I love Anthony Hopkins and I can’t help but love each of his performances and this one was absolutely great.
He really deserves more credit, because he is one of the best actors we have.
I also liked Brad Pitt’s performance, he is a great actor and he really proved it in this movie.
Probably is one of the best movies with him that I saw, he really did an amazing performance.
I would surely re-watch it and I recommend it to all of you because is really good and pleasant to watch.
So, in the end, my rating of this movie is 8/10.
Let me know if you watch it and let me know what you think about it!
Leave a comment or contact us on Instagram if you want us to do a review about a particular movie, we will surely do it!
Love and stay safe,
MayPhoenix.


 



Comments

Popular Posts