"Philadelphia" Review

 




Hello again, my friends!
I wanted to thank you for all the support we are receiving here on the blog and remind you that you can follow us on Instagram to receive spoilers about our next reviews and send us requests if you want us to write a review about a specific movie or series.
Today I want to talk about a movie I DIDN’T cried for. Unbelievable, right? If you read my previous reviews you know I’m such a crier, I’m really oversensitive. But for this movie I didn’t cry, not even a small tear.
The movie I am talking about is “Philadelphia”, with Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
As always, let’s start talking about the Oscars: this movie won “just” an Oscar, the one for Best Actor, that is, of course, Tom Hanks.
Obviously, I agree with him winning the award for this movie, even if I think Tom Hanks should win an Oscar for every movie he does.
He’s an amazing actor with great talent and in this movie, he is just perfect, really, is acting is something of really impressive, especially in a particular scene of this movie, the one that is, in my opinion, the best one of the movie, where he is translating the words of an Italian aria he and Denzel Washington are listening to.
That scene is something really incredible: the pathos, the acting, the cinematography, everything is perfect.
In my opinion, also Denzel Washington’s acting was really great in this movie, even if honestly I really hated his character. I didn’t see the development I was expecting from his character and that was really a shame.
I also have to say that I wasn’t expecting Antonio Banderas to be such a good actor, really, he did a wonderful job. I had never seen one of his movies before and I was positively surprised.
Let’s talk about the plot now!
“Philadelphia” is the story of a gay lawyer suffering from AIDS that has been fired just because he had the disease, and he tries to make himself justice by denouncing his supervisors with the help of a famous lawyer, the only one who accepts to represent him.
The movie is really touching and emotional, and the message is really impressive considering it’s a movie of the ‘90s.
The end is a little bit open, I don’t know If it’s my fault and I haven’t understood everything properly or if they really didn’t tell us something, but anyway is a movie worth watching.
It surely isn’t one of my favorites, but I liked it and I would surely recommend it.
I still think that Dallas Buyers Club is the best movie talking about AIDS, though. That movie talks about the disease more specifically, this one is more about justice and discrimination.
Sorry if this review is shorter than the others, but I just don’t know what more to say about this movie.
My Rating is 7,5/10.
Have a good day and stay safe guys!
Love,
MayPhoenix.

Comments

Popular Posts