Big Fish Review

 




Hey, everyone! How are you? I hope you are all safe and healthy in this difficult time <3
Happy new year anyway! Let’s hope this year will be better than the previous one and that we can get back to our normal lifestyle soon.
In the meantime, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, our name is @rewritethemovies. We would really appreciate your support.
But let’s talk about today’s movie: the review I am writing today is about “Big fish” a movie that is not really famous, but that I really enjoyed, with an amazing cast and directed by Tim Burton, that like we all know is a great director.
When I started watching it, I kind of thought that was a movie for kids, but in the end, I completely changed my mind. It’s a movie for everyone and it’s a movie that gives you the ability to dream a little bit, and I loved it for this.
But let’s talk about the cast for a moment: the main actor is Ewan McGregor and honestly, I’m really a huge fan of him, so I think he’s great as always in this movie. The only thing that confused me a little bit – but I may be wrong since I am not a native English speaker- is that it kind of seemed that he was, like, keeping his accent? I don’t know if this makes sense, but his Scottish accent sounded different in this movie, and I think it’s because the actor that plays an older version of him has an accent quite different from Ewan’s, but I might be wrong, so never mind.
Another great presence in the cast is Jessica Lange, and if you read my review about America Horror Story you know how much I love her. She’s a wonderful actress and in this movie is as amazing as she has always been. I really loved her role, she was brilliant.
And of course, since this is a Tim Burton’s movie, Helena Bonham Carter is in it, with not one but two great roles and performances. I am always a little bit confused when they use the same actor for two different roles in the same movie like “how can they not notice this is the twin of the person they met before?” but it’s the magic of the cinema, I’m not going to criticize it, of course.
And not a big presence as the other ones, but I truly loved seeing the actor from “Reservoir Dogs” robbing a bank, I would surely call this a Tarantino’s reference.
But let’s talk about the plot of this movie: “Big fish” is a long, beautiful and magic story, told by a man on his death bed to his son and his son’s wife, since he passed his whole life telling everyone stories that can’t be true, too unrealistic to have been really happened.
I think this is really a wonderful way to tell the story of your movie without doing it directly, it kind of reminded me of “The princess bride”.
And of course, this movie is a sort of fantasy, and children surely love it, but it’s worth watching it at any age.
So, the movie is a gathering of all the stories the protagonist has ever told, each one more absurd than the previous one.
In the end, there’s a sort of plot twist, I don’t really know how to call it, but the end is simply amazing, and I may be oversensitive but I cried like a six years old king during the final scenes.
Yeah, I cried for too many movies, you should have known so far.
So, if you are as sensitive as I am I recommend you to watch this movie with a handkerchief ready to be used.
I want to catch your attention and increase your desire to watch this movie with a quote from it:
"It was that night I discovered that most things you consider evil or wicked are simply lonely, and lacking in the social niceties."
And after this wonderful quote, I will leave you with my Rating, which is 8,5/10.
I really hope you will watch it and let me know what you thought of it, here or on Instagram (@rewritethemovies).
Have a good day and stay safe!
Yours,
MayPhoenix.

Comments

Popular Posts